TITLE: The Planning of God
TEXT: Acts 17:1-4
PROPOSITION: God has a plan, so should we.
ARE WE AUTHORIZED TO PLAN?
1. Genesis 22:18 And in your Seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice.
2. Acts 2:23 this One given to you by the before-determined counsel and foreknowledge of God, you have taken and by lawless hands, crucifying Him, you put Him to death;
1. Mark 1:38 And He said to them, Let us go into the next towns so that I may proclaim there also. For that reason I came forth.
2. Mark 3:9 And He spoke to His disciples, so that a small boat should stay near to Him, because of the crowd, lest they should press on Him.
1. Acts 15:36 And some days afterward, Paul said to Barnabas, Let us go again and visit our brothers in every city where we have announced the Word of the Lord, to see how they are holding to it.
2. Acts 19:21 After these things were ended, passing through Macedonia and Achaia, Paul purposed in the spirit to go to Jerusalem, saying, After I have come there, I must also see Rome.
3. Romans 1:13 But I would not have you ignorant, brothers, that oftentimes I purposed to come to you, and was kept back until the present; that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among other nations.
4. Romans 1:15 So, as much as is in me lies, I am ready to preach the gospel to you who are at Rome also.
FOR WHAT CAN AND SHOULD WE PLAN?
1. James 4:13-15 Come now, those saying, Today or tomorrow we will go into such a city and spend a year there, and we will trade and will make a profit, 14 who do not know of the morrow. For what is your life? For it is a vapor, which appears for a little time, and then disappears. 15 Instead of you saying, If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that.
2. Acts 18:21 but took leave of them, saying, I must by all means keep this feast that is coming in Jerusalem, but I will return again to you, God willing. And he sailed from Ephesus.
1. Avoid confusion
2. Be more effective
3. Be better servants
Return to 2017 Sermons Page