James 1:5-8; 4:8
Define the term
1. Greek word wavering, uncertain, doubting (lit. two spirited)
2. English usage
a. I cant decide
b. I have made up my mind then again
c. It is a definite maybe
Who is double-minded?
1. Those who decide too quickly
2. Those who must have all the information before deciding
3. Those who decide then get a better offer
4. Man with 2 spirits earth / heaven material / spiritual
5. Matthew 6:24 Cant serve 2 masters
Why are we double-minded?
1. Fear of our decision what if I am wrong?
2. Doubt How sure are you?
3. Mark 11:24 believe that you have received them, and they shall be yours.
How can we stop?
1. Get the information we need
2. Consider the options / alternatives
3. Make a decision / stick with it
4. Dont live looking in the rear view mirror What if - - -
Return to 2017 Sermons Page