TITLE: HOW TO BUILD A GREAT CHURCH: Great Planning (3 of 6)
TEXT: Matthew 16:24-28
PROPOSITION: Great churches are built by great planning.
KEY WORD: Reasons
1. Fishers of men vs. keepers of the aquarium
2. Church must not be slothful in business Romans 12:11
3. Business meetings -more time on pigeons than souls
4. Plan Ahead
A. Weyerhauser - plants trees - 40 yrs. later
B. A.T.&T. - 25 years ahead
C. Car designs - 3 to 5 years ahead
I. Why Plan?
1. To control our future
2. Establish priorities
3. To implement the work - We must know tomorrows direction.
4. Spirit of confidence in the future
II. Think Big
Look ahead - 5 yrs. 10 yrs. 25 yrs.
Where are we now?
What do we want to become?
How do we get there?
2. Mission work
3. Soul-winning - baptisms
5. Youth program
6. Buildings and facilities needed
III. The Challenge from God
1. Matthew 16:24-28 Plan for eternity, it is coming
2. Joshua 3:5 Good things coming tomorrow
3. Nehemiah 2:15 & 17 View broken walls, Let's build
4. Genesis 11:6 Nothing restrained - if imagined
Return to Great Church series Page