TITLE: HOW TO BUILD GREAT CHURCHES: Great Men (2 of 6)
TEXT: Ephesians 4:11-13
PROPOSITION: Great men build great churches.
KEY WORD: Groups
1. Small men do not build great churches.
2. Four groups of great men are needed.
1. Professional ministers
2. Parents must develop the desire to preach
3. Losing more ministers than graduate from colleges and schools of preaching.
Lack of job security
Stress and pressure
Too many bosses
Lack of financial security - house, retirement
1. Qualified - Today: about 75% are not qualified
Let them rule
Some think that they can outvote & overrule
Business meetings - wrong name
They are informational meetings, communication
Committees - Camel=horse put together by comm.
2. Ready (and willing) to work
3. Unity with preacher and elders
IV. Adult teachers
1. NOT minimize other classes
2. Adults are ignorant of church, doctrine, morals
3. Can't teach children what they do not know
Conclusion: Great churches are built by great men doing their job.
Return to Great Church series Page