HOW CAN ANYONE HATE A NICE GUY LIKE ME?
1. They hated me – John 17:14a
2. I live in you – Colossians 1:27; Galatians 2:20
3. They hate you – John 17:14b
Why does the world hate Jesus and me?
WE DON’T FIT IN THE WORLD’S PLANS
1. John 17:16
2. Flat tire – wrench doesn’t fit – I am angry at the wrench
3. Gossip – you challenge if true
4. Dirty joke – you walk away
5. Movies – you turn down a date
6. Xmas office party – don’t drink
WE ARE MIRRORS 2 Corinthians 4:6
1. People see Christ in us
2. Then they see their sin – Romans 3:23
3. My behavior as a Christian – not killied, not stolen, go to church, give to charity, don’t drink
4. World hates to look in that mirror
a. At funland – mirror – short/fat; tall/skinny
b. One mirror made me look like a muscle bound strong man
WE CALL FOR COMMITMENT
1. Most want either:
a. Personal peace – leave me alone
b. Affluence – money will be my joy
2. Not commitment – but compromise, procrastinate
Call to Christ = call to die to self.
That is what we stand for.
That is why the world hate us.
Return to BC Sermons Page