TITLE: The Poor Widow
TEXT: Mark 12:41-44(Luke 21:1-4)
PROPOSITION: God is standing by the treasury.
KEY WORD: Notices
1. God notices the amount we give.
A. Jesus saw the rich.
B. He saw the widow.
C. God sees us today.
a. Heb. 4:13
b. 1 John 3:20
NOTE: Might fool man; IRS; NOT GOD!
2. God notices the amount we keep.
A. Rich - of their abundance
B. Widow - nothing left; gave all she had.
C. Poem - "Sacrifice"
a. Not our fairshare.
b. But, by our ability.
c. The gift that counts, is the one that costs.
3. God notices all sacrifices.
A. Blessed in giving.
B. Blessed more in giving more than in giving little.
a. Mal. 3:8-10
b. 2 Cor. 9:6-7
1. Biographer - Look in a] Check stubs; b] Garbage can
2. Lady gave diamond ring, tried to return it, "I did not give it to you, gave it to God."
Return to BC Sermons Page