TITLE: Why Are They Lost?
TEXT: John 3:3-8
PROPOSITION: God wants us to understand why men are lost.
KEY WORD: Types
1. Reaching the lost is important.
2. We are not doing it very well.
3. We have failed to understand the lost.
A. Who they are. B. Why they are lost.
4. I want to discuss two types of lost people.
I. The Lost Lost.
A. What saves? Baptism? What power is in water?
B. Many commands for us - L.S., sing, pray, love, forgive, kindness, pure speech, control temper, etc.
C. Why are they lost?
JESUS GIVES TWO REASONS THE LOST ARE LOST.
1. Don't accept our witness. v. 11
2. Don't believe our teaching. v. 12
II. The Saved Lost.
A. Heb. 3:12 "Departing from the living God."
B. I John 2:1-2
1. Sin in ignorance - inattention - neglect
2. Sin through weakness
C. John 4:17 Fail in what we know
D. Numbers 15:27-31
1. Ignorant sin (27-29)
2. Presumptuous sin (30-31)
E. Psalm 19:13 presumptuous, great sin
F. Heb. 10:26 If we sin willfully...
G. I John 1:5-7
TWO REASONS THE SAVED ARE LOST:
1. Not walking in the light
2. Losing faith
3. Defiant - fist-raising rebellion
Return to BC Sermons Page