TITLE: Who is Jesus?
TEXT: I Timothy 6:13-16
PROPOSITION: We must understand who Jesus is before we can properly serve him and obey him.
KEY WORD: Descriptions
1. Paul has given Timothy instructions (charges)
2. He explains why they should be obeyed.
Keep the commandments 14
A. Without spot
C. Till Jesus comes
Jesus has the authority 15
A. Only Potentate - only one with full power
B. King of all other kings, Lord of lords
Descriptions of Jesus 16
A. Only has immortality
1. While on earth had both mortality and immortality
2. Now he only has immortality
B. Bright light
1. So bright we can not look into it.
2. Look at sun during eclipse = blindness
C. No man has or can see (understand)
D. To him belongs:
2. Power everlasting
Return to BC Sermons Page