TITLE: Stay With the Stuff
TEXT: I Samuel 30:22-25
PROPOSITION: Every Christian has work to be done and all will share in the reward.
KEY WORD: Works
1. Problem in David's army - Those in battle did not want to share with those in support roles.
2. Today - same problem.
Church - This church is active in many areas.
1. Sunshine Girls 2. Hardy Boys
3. Sunday School 4. VBS
5. Bears 6. Wrecking Crew
7. Ladies Day 8. Leadership
9. PEP 10. Friendship Committee
11. Worship participants 12. Hearing assistance
13. Stay in nursery 14. Prepare communion
15. Funeral foods 16. Food for sickness
17. Showers - baby, wedding 18. Assistant teachers
19. Youth workers 20. Building- paint, mow
21. Campaign work 22. Mission work
23. Calling and Caring 24. Singing for funerals
Personal - Many of you are active on your own initiative.
1. Funeral home
2. Visit sick at home
3. Hospital visiting
4. Hospitality - ETSOPM students, meeting preachers
5. Send cards - birthday, sympathy, get well
6. Invite a neighbor to attend during the meeting
7. Teach the gospel to a friend
Suited - Not everyone is suited for every job.
1. Some I am not comfortable doing.
2. I would rather put my energy somewhere else.
3. You may not preach, teach, be a leader
4. You may quietly encourage, pray, support the work
Unrecognized - Not all are recognized for their work.
1. Your work may go unnoticed.
2. Some may feel you are not doing your part.
3. Be assured - "STAY WITH THE STUFF = REWARD"
1. You may be working where you do not belong.
2. You may not be working at all.
3. Need to start working where you can serve God.
"Find a need and fill it.
4. Faithful = more than attendance
Are you performing the work?
Return to BC Sermons Page