TITLE: Letís Start Over
TEXT: Matthew 18:10-22
PROPOSITION: Starting over requires togetherness.
KEY WORD: Methods
1. Preacher, elders can't do it all.
2. We are family. Let's act like it.
3. Jesus discusses five methods of starting over.
1. Seek together (10-14)
1. The lost - Set up a study, make the contact, invite
2. The weak - encourage, send a card, phone calls
3. Those who have wandered away - contact them
2. Restore together (15-17)
1. Express it in clear and loving terms
2. Involve others
3. Include the church
3. Agree together [Prayer] (19)
1. First, let's agree what is best to pray for.
2. Second, pray together on that matter.
3. God will hear and answer our prayer.
4. Gather together [Worship] (20)
1. Don't forsake the assembly Heb. 10:25
2. Jesus is here.
3. Fellowship, communion, etc. includes Jesus
5. Forgive together (21-22)
1. Forgive, forgive and forgive again.
2. Stop counting the times.
3. To forgive = don't keep a record of wrongs
A. I Cor. 13:5 (NIV)
1. Starting over alone is discouraging.
2. Together - we can make a greater impact.
3. Fable of 7 sticks bound - stronger than each alone
Return to BC Sermons Page