TITLE: Spiritual Adultery
TEXT: Hosea 3:1-3
PROPOSITION: Hosea illustrates God's unending love for us.
KEY WORD: Lessons
1. God loves you. No matter what.
2. His love is unending.
1. Background of Hosea.
A. Commanded to marry a prostitute. 1:2
1. Some explain away or object to this.
2. Illustrates God's love "while sinners" Rom. 5:8
B. Has three children.
1. Son - Jezreel - God scatters (God sows) My seed
2. Daughter - Loruhamah- No pitied Not sure
3. Son - Loammi - Not my people Not mine
C. Rocky marriage.
1. She leaves him. Goes back to prostitution.
2. He looks for her. Begs her to come back.
3. Pays her debts. Leaves her food.
4. Buy her at auction. (text)
2. Lesson - GOD LOVES YOU - NO MATTER WHAT - -.
A. Your background - Race, wealth, education, occupation
B. Your pattern of life. (Lifestyle)
C. Choices - Good or Bad
D. Sinful life, Behavior, Mistakes, Errors, Sins,
E. Troubles, Difficulties, Problems
Return to BC Sermons Page