TITLE: Some Shall Depart
TEXT: I Timothy 4:1-5
PROPOSITION: Men will depart from the faith.
KEY WORD: Ways
1. Some will depart from the faith.
2. I John 2:19 "went out form us, not of us"
3. Some are not "really converted."
THEY SHALL DEPART IN THEIR:
I. Doctrine 1-2a
1. Don't blame God - He speaks clearly.
2. Why would some depart in doctrine?
A. Listen to those who would seduce them.
B. Attracted to doctrines of devils (Satan).
3. Three ways to depart in doctrine:
A. Bind what God has not bound.
Make laws where God has allowed freedom.
B. Loose what God has bound.
Give freedom where God has spoken clearly.
C. Speak with hypocrisy
Lead people to believe A while you do B.
Jim and Tammy Baaker - Swaggert
II. Conscience 2b
1. Trained reflex - teach it wrong = react wrong
2. Seared = lost ability to be influenced, moved
3. "I don't care what the Bible says."
III. Lifestyle 3-5
2. Eating meats
3. What is the difference between:
A. Rule- no meat in Friday?
B. Practice - eating meat without thanksgiving?
4. Animal rights advocates - no meat, no furs, no tests
A. They were made for us to use - not refused
B. Receive with thanksgiving.
C. Use is sanctified with prayer.
Return to BC Sermons Page