TITLE: Will A Man Rob God?
TEXT: Malachi 3:8-10
PROPOSITION: We must examine our giving to see if we are robing God.
KEY WORD: Questions
1. How Do Men Rob God Today?
A. By not giving at all.
1. I Cor. 16:1-2 Give on 1st day of week.
B. By withholding part, not giving as much.
1. Not under "Tithe".
2. Many give a token.
3. II Cor. 9:7 Give as purposed in heart.
C. Giving the leftovers, scraps.
1. Ill. of Apple and giving God the core.
2. God requires our best, first.
2. Why Should We Give More?
A. Count your spiritual blessings.
B. Saved by the blood of Jesus.
C. Example of early church.
1. Acts 4:32
2. Acts 4:34-37
D. To reap bountifully
1. II Cor. 9:6-7
2. Text "Open windows of heaven"
E. Our love for Christ, the church
3. Why do men rob God?
A. Lack of teaching.
C. Poor management of money matters.
D. Lack of love for the church and its work.
4. What Are The Consequences of Robbing God?
A. The church is robbed of progress and programs.
B. Mission work is halted.
C. Care for widows, orphans, needy is reduced.
miss out on the blessings God has for us.
Return to BC Sermons Page