TITLE: How To Be Rebellious
TEXT: I Samuel 15:1-3
PROPOSITION: God demands obedience.
KEY WORD: Refusals
1. Authority is challenged and questioned today:
A. Parents - not respected
B. Policeman - not our model
C. Teacher - not feared or obeyed
D. Boss - not in charge
E. Older people - not honored with dignity
F. Husband - not head of the house
2. We have a lack of respect for authority toward others from God, the President and on down.
3. Today - Learn how to be rebellious from Saul!
Defy Authority to Get What You Want.
A. "Utterly destroy" 
B. Space program - once out in space, free to do what you want? "If we don't want to come back."
C. Saul (vs. 10-13) went with "Plan B" anyway.
Rationalize and Cover-up Sinful Actions.
A. "I have carried out the command of the Lord." 
B. Parents told me to empty waste baskets.
Defensive When Confronted with the Truth.
A. Waste basket still full - "I don't know"
B. From Swindoll, "Grip" pages 246-247
Not Accountable for the Wrong.
A. We offer excuses:
1. God wants me to be happy.
2. I'm forgiven. Grace covers it all.
3. Whatever happens to me is someone else’s fault.
B. I Samuel 15:22-23
1. We live in a "hell-bent" world
2. We have a "Burger King" complex "Have It Your Way"
3. Are you living in rebellion to God?
Return to BC Sermons Page