TITLE: The Conditions of Prayer
TEXT: Mark 11:20-26
PROPOSITION: Prayer is conditional.
KEY WORD: Conditions
1. The fig tree with nothing but leaves. 12-14
2. Dead. Dry roots. Peter remembers.
3. Jesus said, "Have faith in God."
4. He then gives the conditions of prayer.
I. Faith 22-24
A. Did you think this would be hard for God?
B. Faith comes from two sources:
1. Study of the Bible Rom. 10:17
2. Trial, testing, experience 1 Pet. 1:6-7
C. Mountain moving faith
1. Can God do it?
2. Is your god too small? J. B. Phillips
D. Notice the tenses in v. 24
1. Believe that you "already" have them.
2. They "shall" be yours.
II. Desire 24
A. This is not thumbing through a catalog - wishing
B. Is this your "heart's desire"? Rom. 10:1
III. Pray 24
A. Have not because we ask not. James 4:2
B. Prayer is Asking, Seeking, Knocking. Matt. 7:7
C. Pray all the time. I Thess. 5:17
D. When can you pray?
1. Driving your car? 2. In church?
3. Taking a test? 4. At work?
5. At the movies? 6. Anywhere?
IV. Forgive 25
A. Do you hold something against another?
2. SO THAT you can be forgiven.
B. The Bible is clear on this point.
1. If you do not forgive others --
2. You CANNOT BE FORGIVEN BY GOD.
Return to BC Sermons Page