Did you think to pray – With you children?
2 Timothy 3:14-17
1. Song title
2. Proverbs 22:6 – train up a child
3. Cornelius – Acts 10:1-2, 24, 33
1. Prayer is a positive trait
a. We teach “don’t” – but fail to fill that empty space
b. Dog won’t let go of the bone – hold up stick – drops the bone
c. Can you say – follow me? – 1 Corinthians 11:1
2. We take for granted that our children know how to pray
a. What does “in Jesus name” mean?
b. What is the purpose in prayer?
c. What does a “mediator” do? 1 Timothy 2:5
d. Do they turn to God in time of trouble?
e. Child in trouble at school, nothing seems to help
i. 3 ideas that worked –
ii. pray for teacher, be nice to him, discussed Romans 12:20-21
3. Fathers – Ephesians 6:4
a. Nurture = tutor, guide, train at home
b. Admonition = calling attention to
a. More opportunity, have them repeat, remind them
b. List things to pray for
6. Teachers - class - Bible reading, prayer
7. Older women – Titus 2:3-5
b. Teacher of good things
c. Love children
d. Word of God not blasphemed
1. Children need adults who pray without ceasing
2. They must be taught early
Return to BC Sermons Page