TITLE: Sing in the Spirit of Pogo
TEXT: I Corinthians 14:15
PROPOSITION: God demand that we sing in spirit and understanding.
KEY WORD: Scriptures
1. We need to improve the mechanics of music.
Singing training; learn to improve; pitch right
2. Do the best you can in your praise to God.
3. Keep in mind:
A. ALL are commanded to sing.
B. ALL do NOT have good singing voices.
4. Psalm 150:6 Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord.
5. Psalm 66:1 Make a joyful noise unto God.
Think about these texts:
I. Mark 14:26
1. Ignorant, fishermen, rough, fussing and fighting
2. Singing together with Jesus
II. I Cor. 14:15
1. Spirit = with feeling, excitement
2. Understanding = what do the words mean
III. Eph. 5:18-19
1. Not filled with wine; filled with spirit
2. Make melody in your hearts
IV. Col. 3:16-17
1. Word of Christ dwell in you.
2. Sing with grace in your hearts.
3. Do all:
a. In the name of the Lord
b. Giving thanks to God by Him
V. Heb. 2:12
1. Jesus will sing with us.
2. He joins us in the church (congregation).
VI. Acts 16:25
1. Paul and Silas in jail at midnight
Conclusion: Pogo - comic strip of swamp animals
Quartet sings a song... Turtle - What do you think? Alligator- How do we sound?
- Well, y'know, it ain't how good it sounds - it's how good it feels on the way
Return to BC Sermons Page