TITLE: One More Night With the Frogs
TEXT: Exodus 8:5-11
PROPOSITION: Procrastination is a problem all must overcome.
KEY WORD: Dangers
1. Frogs everywhere! Call for Moses to get rid of them.
2. When? Tomorrow.
3. All of us are procrastinators.
4. There are some dangers in putting off.
TO WHOM THIS LESSON APPLIES:
1. Pharaoh. He made a request of Moses and God.
2. Christians about dedication, active service in the church.
3. Weak members who need to attend.
4. Lost who need to be baptized.
5. All who face a task that is unpleasant.
6. Work place, home, school, church, - everyone, everyplace.
REASONS “TOMORROW” IS DANGEROUS:
Luke 9:57-62 a) Birds have nests; b) Let dead bury dead
c. Bid farwell, Put hand to plow
Genesis 24:58 Rebekah asked to go marry Isaac
Rich young ruler - went away sorrowful - frogs never left
Felix (Acts 24:25) Call for you at convenient season
Agrippa (Acts 26:25) Almost persuaded to be a Christian
Many say, “Just as soon as I get straightened out.”
After frogs came lice, flies, locusts, boils, fire, darkness, death.
Pride keeps us from surrendering to Christ.
Love of money will bring many sorrows (1 Tim. 6:10)
Jer. 2:19 Thine own wickedness shall correct thee
“Out of frying pan and into the fire.”
Prov. 27:1 Boast not thyself of tomorrow
James 4:14 Ye know not what shall be on the morrow
Hebrews 4:7 Today, if you will hear his voice, harden not hearts
6:2 Now is accepted time, now is day of salvation
Return to BC Sermons Page