TITLE: Compassed This Mountain Long Enough
TEXT: Deut. 2:1-3
PROPOSITION: God does not want us to get "stuck" on our way to Canaan.
KEY WORD: Symptoms
1. God did not want Israel to get "stuck" or "side-tracked" on the way to the Promised Land.
2. God does not want us to get "side-tracked" on the way to heaven.
3. A rut is a grave with both ends kicked out.
4. Here are symptoms of being "spiritually stuck".
I. Unforgiveness Matt. 6:14-15
A. Not saying - ignore, pretend it never happened
B. But - let past be in the pass
C. Focus ahead, work together, go forward
D. Bury the hatchet; "no handle sticking out"
II. Neglect Heb. 10:25; James 4:17
A. Worship, work, programs
B. Wrapped up in negative thinking
1. Zig Ziglar - "stinkin' thinkin'"
2. Critical of each other
C. Neglect what is important -
1. Preach gospel to this community
2. Develop personally and spiritually
3. Deal with issues - while they are small sores
III. Hypocrisy Rom. 16:18
A. Rom. 2:1
1. Don't criticize others
2. When you do the same things
3. OR Fail to do the same things
B. Hypocrisy = self-righteous attitude
1. "I am smarter. I know how it should be done."
2. "I will not do it. I will watch and complain."
3. If you don't vote - don't complain about laws
IV. Selfishness Gal. 5:17
A. Burger King - "Have It Your Way"
B. The weight of a man does not hurt the horse - burr under the saddle does.
1. Old westerns - chase scene - pass same tree 3 times
2. Aren't you tired of complaints, criticism, gossip, gripping?
3. Are you ready to step out in faith and work for Jesus?
4. Who is on the Lord's side?
Return to BC Sermons Page