The Joshua Predicament
1. Pyramid square at the bottom, pointed on top
2. Imhotep 5,000 years ago 413 by 344 200 feet high
3. To build higher must have bigger base
Problem Joshua 13:1
1. Conquered just enough land to meet the present need
2. Then they stopped ran out of time and momentum
3. We are burdened with tradition, custom, old methods
4. Answer is not
a. Uniting with world around us
b. Weak points of many ineffective groups = WEAK
5. Self-oriented short order cook meets present needs
6. History oriented looks and lives in the past
7. Task oriented conquer, plan, strategy for total victory
Solution Joshua 13:7-8
1. Divide the task
2. Broaden the base of leadership
3. More involvement
4. Increase the points of contact with the enemy
How large can this church be?
1. 50 or 500?
2. We cant stop reaching out.
Return to BC Sermons Page