TITLE: Worse than an Infidel
TEXT: I Tim. 5:8
I. Provide for own family
1. Immediate family - wife, children, parents
2. Extended family - aunt, grandmother, cousin
II. "Provide" vs. meet all their wants and desires
1. What do parents OWE their children?
a. Car at 16? b. Every electronic toy?
c. Free room and board till 25?
2. See I Tim. 6:7-8
a. Came in empty handed
b. Go out the same way.
c. NEED: Food Clothes Contentment
d. One other NEED: Godliness
III. Denied the faith
1. Faith of gospel = obey commands
2. Care for parents = walk in the faith
IV. Worse than an infidel
1. Heathens care for their families
2. Can't we (at least) do as well?
Return to BC Sermons Page