TITLE: In the Ministry
TEXT: I Timothy 1:12-20
PROPOSITION: Preachers are human spokesmen for God.
KEY WORD: Descriptions
1. Many misunderstandings about the preacher.
A. Special - supernatural - connected to God
B. "Ordained" - "Divine calling"
C. Perfect – not tempted - never sins
2. Paul gives some descriptions of the preacher.
1. Sinner (13, 15)
A. Persecutor, blasphemer
B. In unbelief
C. Ignorant of God's will - Study, Memorize, Read
D. Book, "For Preachers and Other Sinners"
2. Saved (14, 16)
C. Love of Jesus
3. Enabled (12)
A. Full of faith
1. In God - Bible - Jesus Christ
2. In brethren - dependant on them
B. Able = learned, skill developed
1. Not born with silver tongue in mouth
2. Learn, be critical of self, get better
C. I Timothy 4:16 Take heed to thyself
4. Charged (18-19)
A. Preach the Word II Tim. 4:2
B. Fight the good fight
C. Clear conscience
1. Can't please all the brethren.
2. Must please God.
3. Must live with self - clear conscience.
Return to BC Sermons Page