TITLE: Frog Legs For Breakfast
TEXT: Luke 18:9-14
PROPOSITION: Humility is tricky to keep.
KEY WORD: Passages
1. Story of frog wanting to travel to Florida on a string between two geese...bite string... man on ground asks whose brilliant idea it was...frog wanted full credit..."I diiiiidd."...Man on ground had frog legs for breakfast.
2. Church can grow IF - Don't care who gets the credit
3. Bible teaches us to be humble - but it is hard to do
I. Passages to consider
A. Gal. 6:3 think something; really nothing - deceive
B. II Cor. 10:17 Glory in the Lord
1] At end of sermon - "Ain't God good?"
2] Give glory to God
C. Luke 14:7-11 Parable of a banquet
1] Sit at head table - have to move
2] Better sit lower - invited up
3] Exalted = abased; Abased = exalted.
II. Text Luke 18:9-14
1] Trusted in themselves
2] Despised others
B. Two men who prayed
1] Pharisee - Not like other men, give fast, pray
2] Publican - "Be merciful to me a sinner."
C. Sneaky part of this story.
1] We know the Pharisee is wrong.
2] I am glad I am not like that Pharisee.
1. Like the frog - we want the recognition, credit
2. Humility is tricky stuff - Just when we think we have it made - Open mouth - Lose it all.
think it takes practice to be humble
Return to BC Sermons Page