TITLE: Enemies of the Cross
TEXT: Phil. 3:18-19
PROPOSITION: The Bible identifies who are the enemies of the cross of Christ.
KEY WORD: Enemies
1. We can "crucify Him again" Hebrews 6:6
2. The sins that crucified Christ the first time =
3. Same sins can crucify Him again.
4. Are you an enemy of the cross? YOU ARE IF:
I. Destruction is Your End
A. Tear down, never build up
B. "Be a Barnabas" encourage one another
C. Hebrews 10:24
II. Belly is your god
A. God = what or who is in control, master
B. We preach against smoking and drinking
1. They harm your body
2. Body = temple of Holy Spirit
C. What about over-eating?
1. Read Proverbs 23:1-3
2. Dig grave with knife and fork
III. Shame is Your glory
A. We have lost the ability to be embarrassed
B. Not sensitive -
1. To things on TV, movies, radio
2. Personal sins - pregnant, sex, homosexuality
IV. Mind is on Earthly Things
A. Materialistic -
B. Study "Things"
C. Matthew 6:33
D. 1 John 2:15-17
E. Man on train with suitcase - feared thieves - fell asleep - case missing - "Thank God. Now I can get some sleep."
Return to BC Sermons Page