TITLE: You Have Come To ...
TEXT: Hebrews 12: 22-29
PROPOSITION: There are certain expectations from worship.
KEY WORD: Expectations
READING: Hebrews 12:22-24
1. Why did you come to worship today?
2. What did you expect to - happen, see, hear, feel?
3. NOTE: Did not come to ... (vs. 18-21)
Fear, terror, trumpet, fire, blackness, threat of death, shiver with fright
4. Here are some expectations from worship.
1. Mount Zion Pleasure
1. City of Living God
2. Heavenly Jerusalem
3. "We're Marching to Zion"
2. Innumerable company of angels Joy
1. Luke 15:7, 10 Joy over one who repents
2. Heb. 13:1 A visitor, "angels unawares"
3. General assembly Fellowship
1. Church of the firstborn
A. Not a formal name - a description
B. Jesus is firstborn -
a. Firstborn from the dead
b. God's firstborn = Son of inheritance
2. Names written in heaven
A. Church = saved = in the church
B. Acts 2:47 Saved = added to the church
4. God Deity
2. Of all men
3. Must show:
A. Reverence, respect
B. Love, Mercy, Compassion, Grace, etc.
5. Spirits Past
1. Of just men
2. Made perfect
3. Worship is a "spirit act." John 4:23-24
6. Jesus Salvation
2. New covenant
3. Lord's Supper = Eating with Jesus - at His table
a. Matthew 26:29
b. Luke 22:30
7. Blood Sacrifice
1. Of sprinkling (sacrifice)
2. Speaks better things
Better than that of Able
Return to BC Sermons Page