TITLE: Follow the Blueprints
TEXT: 1 Timothy 1:16; Titus 2:7-8
PROPOSITION: God has given us a pattern to follow.
KEY WORD: Passages
1. In building a house - first step is draw a pattern.
2. Don't start laying foundation until you know the size, shape and height of the house.
3. Jesus is our pattern, blueprint.
4. Two texts provide the matters to study today.
I. 1 Timothy 1:16
A. Longsuffering - patience
B. To those who will believe in the future
1. John 13:35 love needed for the world to believe
2. SO IS PATIENCE!
C. Patience is: James 5:7-11
1. A farmer waiting for the rain 7
2. A prophet suffering 10
3. Job enduring 11
II. Titus 2:7
A. Good works
1. The church - missions, evang., radio, TV
2. Individual - visit, pray, take a pie
3. Non-spiritual - Heart, Cancer, Scouts
1. Always one generation from apostasy.
2. Must not change the doctrine.
3. Must have "integrity" (NKJV) "uncorruptness"
C. Gravity - reverence (NKJV)
1. Vine - "dignity, serious, honourable"
2. We need to get serious about our lives.
3. God, Chirst, the cross, the L.S., Bible
4. How we treat each other Philippians 2:3
E. Sincerity - incorruptability (NKJV)
1. Free from moral taint, not stained by sin
III. Titus 2:8
A. Sound speech
1. Whole, healthy, sound in health
2. Some speech is "all sound"
B. Nothing evil to say of you
1. Elder qualification - "blameless"
2. What if we took a survey of:
a. where you work
b. your family, friends, neighbors
c. of this church
Return to BC Sermons Page