TITLE: How To Behave
TEXT: 1 Timothy 3:15
PROPOSITION: Paul has instructed us how to behave based on who we are - Christians.
KEY WORD: Teachings
1. Some problems with this text:
A. Think it deals with behavior in worship
B. Forget who where we are and who we are.
2. Notice what this passage does and does not teach.
I. Passage Does Not Teach:
A. How to behave in public worship.
1. This is needed. Talking, note passing, etc.
2. Word here is "to busy oneself, remain, live"
B. How to dress for church (shirt and tie).
C. Which translation to use in worship.
D. Children not to run in the halls after worship.
E. Not to talk before the worship begins (funeral).
F. ANYTHING ABOUT CONDUCT IN THIS BUILDING!
II. Passage Does Teach:
A. We are the House (household) of God.
1. House of God <> church building
2. As a member of the body
3. Gal. 6:10 "esp. the household of faith"
B. We are members of the church of living God.
C. We are to be the pillar (support of truth).
D. We are to be the ground (foundation of truth).
Return to BC Sermons Page