TITLE: 7 Steps to Apostasy
TEXT: Rom. 1:21-25
PROPOSITION: The road to apostasy is clearly described in seven steps.
KEY WORD: Steps
1. Apostasy = Desertion, departure, "standing away"
2. Apostasy is possible.
A. 1 book in NT = Become a Christian
B. 22 books = How to remain faithful
3. Danger: We think PROBABLE.
A. There is danger - Real danger
B. Can be avoided - Can know how close you are
I. They KNEW God = Christians
1. All "know" God exists - even atheists
2. With out excuse - 1:20
3. Psalms 19:1
II. Seven Steps Away From God.
Term in Romans 1 What We Need
1. Glorified Not Worship, Honor
2. Were not Thankful Gratitude
3. Thinking became futile Think like God
4. Foolish hearts were darkened Open mind, eyes
5. Thought - Wise; Really - Fools Humility
6. Changed the Glory of God Right worship
Changed truth to a lie Right doctrine
Return to BC Sermons Page