TITLE: What Are YOU Doing?
TEXT: 2 Timothy 4:6-8
PROPOSITION: A summary of Paul's life is a challenge to our own accomplishments.
KEY WORD: Attainments
1. List three attainments in your life.
2. What does YOUR autobiography say?
3. Paul listed three attainments in his life.
1. Fought a good fight
A. Where does the fight begin?
1. Within - Flesh vs. Spirit
2. Without - 2 Corinthians 10:3-6
3. Ephesians 6:12
B. NOTE: The fight is GOOD!
C. We live in a "fighting" world.
1. Children are taught NOT to fight.
2. We should be fighting a good fight.
D. What do you fight for?
1. Against Satan, the world, sin
2. For Christ, the church, righteousness
E. Some observations:
1. He did fight where it was necessary.
2. He did not always win the fight.
3. He was not a deserter.
F. Where is your armor? Ephesians 6:10-17
2. Finished my course
A. Completed what he started.
B. Began with the starter's gun.
C. Don't stop until you cross the finish line.
D. Stayed in his lane. Follow the rules.
3. Kept the faith
A. What is meant by keeping the faith?
1. Hold it in trust
2. To defend the faith - Philippians 1:17
3. To exemplify it in speech and action
4. Many keep faith = insurance policy
B. "The faith" = the system of religion, body of truth
1. Jude 3 "contend for the faith"
2. 2 Timothy 1:13 "hold fast the form"
1. Paul had a crown (victor's wreath) waiting for him.
can have one also.
Return to BC Sermons Page