TITLE: One Year to Live
TEXT: Jeremiah 28:15-17
PROPOSITION: The brevity of life requires us to make some changes in our behavior.
KEY WORD: Changes
1. Imagine Dr. saying, "One year to live."
2. What changes would you make?
A. I John 2:15-17 World vs. God
B. More - Patient, Kind, Understanding
C. Enjoy life more. Philippians 3:1 "Rejoice in the Lord"
D. Use time wisely. Ephesians 5:16 "Redeeming the time"
E. Put spiritual first. Matthew 6:33 "Seek ye first"
2. Clear the Past.
A. With God.
1. If not a Christian, I would ...
2. If out of fellowship, I would ...
B. With fellowman, family, church.
1. Matthew 5:24 - If I did the wrong
2. Matthew 18:15-17 - If I am wronged
3. Provide for the future.
A. Family 1 Timothy 5:8
B. Church, mission work, orphans, good works, etc.
C. Rev. 14:13 "works do follow after them"
4. Develop Spiritual Life.
A. Public - attend worship services, classes, meetings, workshops, seminars, (every chance to learn and grow)
B. Private - study, pray, read, sing, and meditate.
C. Less time on - sports, weather, news
1. Last day on earth - what would you do?
4:00 - Visit Mrs. Brown in the hospital
5:00 - Eat supper
7:00 - Teach my Bible class
10:00 - Go to sleep - Wake up with Jesus
2. What would you do?
Return to BC Sermons Page