WHY ARE SOME CHRISTIANS
1. They want to be miserable!
A. Jonah 4:4
B. Abraham Lincoln - “Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.”
C. Some are only happy - if they are miserable.
D. Seem to need something be be bothered (worry) about.
2. Strain at gnats and swallow camels.
A. Matthew 23:24
B. Nit-picking, harsh, critical
C. List some gnats and camels:
3 wise men Gossip Forgiveness
Eve ate an apple Prayer Sun and Wed PM
Author of Hebrews Elder qualify. Church discipline
3. Excuse makers instead of responsibility takers.
A. Genesis 3:12-13
B. Luke 14:16-24
4. Emphasis on material things.
A. Ecclesiastes 2:11 - vanity
B. Matthew 6:19-21
C. 1 John 2:15-17 Love things, gadgets, trinkets
D. Things wear out, fall apart, not dependable
5. Filled with animosity and resentment.
A. Ephesians 4:31-32 Put away all bitterness
B. Matthew 5:22-24
C. Matthew 18:15-17
6. Depend too much on other brethren.
A. Romans 3:32 All have sinned
B. Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord, not in own understanding
C. 1 Corinthians 1:10-15
D. 1 Corinthians 3:4-7
7. Lives are not right with God.
A. Proverbs 13:15 Way of the transgressor is hard
B. Philippians 2:15-16 Rejoice in the day of Christ, 2nd coming